I have a couple of mentors who know they’re going to get a call from me every couple of years hearing me say, “I need to reinvent myself. Can you have lunch?” I’m antsy, I’m impulsive and I get bored easily. So no matter what I’m doing in life, I always need to find new ways to challenge myself. And that usually involves reinventing myself or my personal brand. If you’ve followed MomUncorked from the beginning, you’ll know I used to focus on food and travel. But as the years have worn on, I’ve realized that I do these things because they give me life balance and so my blog has evolved to a broader perspective.
If you’re feeling the need for a little self-reinvention, this article, 5 Steps to Reinvent Yourself by Melissa Kirk on Tiny Buddha, is a great place to start. The steps are really quite simple and will inspire you to continue on this journey:
1. Create a vision for your future.
2. Write about your reinvention.
3. Surround yourself with visual reminders of the life you’d like to create.
4. Now that you have a vision of your future, break it up into workable tasks.
5. Every day, go back to that vision of you walking toward your future.
Read the full article, make your plan, and get inspired!